Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy birthday, Lauralee!

Lauralee-I am constantly grateful for you, and I know I don't say it enough. I am blessed to have someone to walk with me while we guide our family. I am grateful for the gift you have with young children, especially because it not one of my strengths. I love to listen to the kids talk about the scriptures because they already know them better than I do. Thank you for that. Thank you for being an example to me with personal prayer. You are a constant reminder for me that my connection with the Lord should be more consistent. Thank you for gently reminding me when I have neglected something, instead of nagging me. Thank you for making meals and cleaning the house and doing laundry. Thank you for suggesting and following through with fun activities and games for the family. Thank for never putting me down in front of the kids (even though you have pretty of opportunity). Thank you for being willing to discuss hard things with me. Thank you for finding the sacred value in being a mother and doing mother things. Thank you for not begrudging me for being the provider and all that goes with that. Thank you for putting up with a husband who is a curmudgeon more than his fair share of the time. Thank you for providing me with so many good memories. Thank you for supporting me during times of trial and periods that were very hard for you. Thank you for being active in the education and school classes of the kids. Thanks for being a support to young women who are trying to get the courage to go on missions or even just trying to stay active in the church. Thanks for being sincere. So sincere, in fact, that it is the quality that most people recognize in you first. Thanks for sacrificing for the good of the family. Thanks for being worthy to have the Holy Ghost with you always. Thanks for being patient with me while I grow.

Thank you, Lauralee Burton Hill.
Happy Birthday.
I love you.

4 comments:

JeNeale said...

What a perfect tribute to a wonderful person. You're a good husband, Jay. You and Laur are blessed to have each other, and I'm blessed to have you both in my life. Love you.

Unknown said...

I will say "ditto" to JeNeale's comments. We love you all and miss you. Hope to see you soon.

I hope that the surgery went well and that Laur will start feeling better.

Lauralee said...

I'm ready for another post on your BLOG, honey, not necessarily about me but just more from you. Today, maybe?

Lauralee said...

JMan, Thank you for the beautiful gift of this tribute. xo