Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bless her very tightly!

That is a quote from Lacey. She asked us to write down during family home evening that she wanted Heavenly Father to bless London very tightly. Now if that's not adorable, I don't know what is. The other day, in response to a compliment from his mother, Ronan looked kind of sheepish and said, "Aw shucks" in a funny way and then looked around for a response. Topher has lately been cracking jokes as well. Real, legit, funny jokes. I give thanks every day for the kids we have been blessed with. I am constantly impressed with the caliber of little people they are and how much they grasp of the gospel at such a young age. I'm sure the family will remember the occasion, when we lived in Salt Lake, when the fellas were wrestling on our bed and Ronan was wearing a headband thingy-ma-gig on his head. In the middle of the fray, Topher stopped, paused, looked at Ronan and said, "You look like a Philistine!". Shortly before or after that, Mommy and Topher were tickling on the bed, when Mommy let Topher get the best of her momentarily. Topher stopped, rose straight up on his knees, held his hands above his head, and in a yell of victory yelled, "The Lord has delivered you into my hands!". Hahahahaha. Man it was funny. I still chuckle about that one.

I got released last Sunday from branch mission leader, which I have been for the last 2.5 years, and was called as the first councilor in the young men's presidency. I am super excited. We have some good strong boys, as well as a couple who are struggling with different things. Anyway, I am constantly blessed by the Lord and I am going to take Elder Eyring's advice to write more of those blessings down.

3 comments:

JeNeale said...

I love your kids! They are so smart and absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see them this summer.

Congrats on getting called into the YM presidency. You will love it, and you will be spectacular.

Unknown said...

You need a whole book for the cute things that your kids say. I love and miss you all but I am glad to get all the news on your blogs.Keep it up.

From mission leader to Young Men's. Great job for you my boy. You will be really good for those boys. Don't take the mountain dew to mutual with you though!

Laurie Nelson said...

I wish that I had recorded the funny things that my kids did and said. Sadly, I have never been a journal writer and most things are long gone from my memory.

You will be fantastic for the YM of your ward. They are so very blessed to have you as a leader. Love them and help keep them strong.